Monday, October 10, 2011

A Warm Winter Hug

Hi Peeps,

A warm welcome to my new followers - I am so happy to have you!  I always visit those who leave comments and, of course those who follow me, but recently there have been a couple followers that I could not locate.  I am assuming that it is because you do not have blogs?  If you are one of these gals and you do have a blog, please drop me a line with your url - I would love to visit and admire your work too!

Hope everyone had a great weekend - and a great long weekend/happy thanksgiving to those who live in parts of the globe who celebrated this weekend.  There was soooo much food, but I didn't indulge myself too much.  I'm holding out for Christmas to partake in complete gluttony :o)

Speaking of Christmas, I have a festive card to share today:


Sadly, my computer has reached its end and is currently being reincarnated so these are photos in the raw. :(  Hopefully I will have my lifeline back in the next couple of days.

Supplies:

Stamps - Sugar Nellie (warm winter wishes), Hot Off the Press (Christmas Stamp and Punch)
Paper - Bazzill and Stampin' Up cardstock, SEI Alpine Frost, My Mind's Eye I believe
Ink - Stazon (black), Distress inks (tattered rose, black soot, peeled paint, rusty hinge)
Other - lace (Kaiser), glitter (Stickles - star dust, Stampin' Up - dazzling diamonds and iridescent ice embossing powder), green rhinestones (Kaiser), Spellbinders Create a Flake 3 and machine stitching.  This is my first attempt at machine stitching and it was a bit of a learning curve.  One should always check to make sure the bobbin has enough thread to avoid having to hand stitch like I had to.


This card was inspired by the following challenges:

The Sugar Bowl - Sketch and photo inspiration
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Sparkle and bling
Totally Papercrafts Challenge - Animals
The ABC Challenge - Anything goes
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - In stitches

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great week!

Hugs,

Dawn

12 comments:

Janice said...

A very pretty card & your colouring of the image is brilliant. Jx

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a cute card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

Patty Sue 2 said...

Oh, I just fell in love with your beautiful card. Your coloring is fantastic! (You now have a new follower!) Thanks for joining us this week at ABC's Challenge.I hope you will join us again on the 15th.

Dawny P said...

Wow I LOVE the sparkle and bling you used chick. A really lovely card and such pretty colours too :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Giò said...

Such an adorable card!!! Sweet image and perfect color combo!!!
Have a great day.
Hugs, Giò

Victoria said...

a lovely card thank you for joining us on totally papercrafts this week x

Kiki said...

Awwww, this is sooo cute! Fab colouring and gorgeous details! Great take on the sketch, too.

Thanks so much for playing with us in The Sugar Bowl.

Hugs, Kiki

Anne said...

Pretty as a picture Dawn, love those little cuties and the sparkle is fab:)
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Judi said...

What a FANTASTIC card! It really 'works' for me. Can you tell me what die or punch you used to make the shape behind your sentiment please?

Thanks

Judi x

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Dawn . Super amazing creation .Beautiful colouring and exquisite die cut shapes .Too cute image
hugs Shirley-Anne

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love that image and I have it but wouldn't have thought of doing it in green. Guess what I'm away to do now! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Susan xxx

Craftdee said...

Lovely card, Dawn. I love that snowflake, I wonder if I order a set if I'll get it before Christmas (post to Australia is sometimes slooooow - though I haven't even started my Christmas cards yet so it could be here in plenty of time, lol) and the image is TOO cute! TFS, Dee