Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Birthday Bear

Hello Peeps!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  First off, I would like to welcome my new followers - so happy to have you along! 

Today I have a birthday card to share that I made for my son's second birthday:


My computer is currently broken :( so no photo editing today.  I had to borrow my husbands laptop to do this post.  I tried to include as many of my son's favorites on this card - so lots of buttons, the circular shape, the car and the corrugated paper.  I think he will really like it, at least for a short while before he starts trying to tear it apart. 



Supplies:

Papers/card: My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup boy and Bazzill card
Stamp:  Lili of the Valley
Ink/colour: Stazon black, Distress vintage photo, frayed burlap, fired brick, tea dye, pine needles, antique linen and water colour pencils (yellow and orange)
Other: Fiskars paper crimper, My Mind's Eye Lush 2 orange buttons, American Crafts sparkly buttons, glossy accents, Songbird Cricut cartridge for the 2.

This card was inspired by the following challenges:

Lili of the Valley - button it
Pink {Ink} Sketch Challenge - for the wonderful sketch
Here Come the Boys - wheely nice
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - animal crackers
Stampin' for the Weekend - what a cutie
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes with optional punch + a birthday blog hop!
and I am also linking this card up to the Lili of the Valley Ideas to Inspire World Card Making Day giveaway.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

Hugs,

Dawn

8 comments:

Craftdee said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Your colouring is fabulous and I love the attention to detail in your layout (great paper choice too...pretty much ticks all the boxes, lol) Thanks for joining us this time for the Wheely Nice challenge at Here Come The Boys, Donna

Lisa said...

So sweet! Love the CAS look. Thank you for celebrating with us at Papertake Weekly :)

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is stunning, love your colour choices here and great use of buttons, thanks for joining us at LOTV this week hugs pops x

Deb said...

beautiful card Dawn, so love that cute image and the shape is fabulous!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday for our animal crackers Challenge this week!
have a great day, Debxx

Curly said...

This is so gorgeous Dawn your coloring is amazing hun and the papers are lush,
I hope your son had a lovely birthday,
Hugs Bridget x

Anonymous said...

This card is just adorable! I love the diecut shape and your colouring is amazing too! Thank you for joining in at Here Come The Boys! Woo & Teresa xx

Dena said...

Absolutely precious! LOVE all the layers you used and what a great color theme!
Thank you for joining us at the LOTV Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so cute, brilliant colouring and i love the card shape
Lindsay xx