Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm Dreaming....

Well, dreams of a white Christmas usually turn into nightmares by the time January comes around in this part of the globe, but I do enjoy a pretty fluffy snowfall during the holidays. 

Hope everyone is well and had a tremendous weekend!  A huge welcome to the new followers of my blog!  I'm very happy to have you along!  I did try to visit everyone, as I always do, but again there were some people that I could not find :(  If you are one of these peeps and you're reading this, please do leave me a comment so I can find you and admire/get inspiration from your crafty creations too.

As you've probably already figured out, today I have another holiday card to share:
I found this beautiful stamp at a paper crafting fair that I went to a few weeks ago and just fell in love with it! It was one of many in a beautiful collection, so it was so hard to choose just one - but I stuck to the budget and this is the one that came home with me.

Supplies:

Stamp - by Northwoods Rubber Stamps Inc.
Paper - Bazzill card, sei Silver Valley, 300 g hot pressed watercolour paper
Ink - Stazon black, Distress inks fired brick, barn door, rusty hinge, vintage photo, frayed burlap, and stormy sky
Other - Nellie Snellen corner die (I have to warn you if this is the first time you are seeing these corners and are already digging out your credit card - they do not cut all the way around the corner.   After running it through your machine, you have to trace the inside edge and cut it by hand.  Well worth the effort though.), Spellbinders Create a Flake 3 dies,   Our Craft Lounge Sparkly Fluff in sugar for the snow on the branches, Xmas red Stickles, Glitter Ritz micro fine glitter  in warm highlight, red rhinestones and silver cord from stash and the ribbon was sold by the meter at a local craft store but unfortunately, I did not look at who the manufacturer was.  Love that it was already box pleated - perfect, as I have been known to do this myself by hand to frame images so this was a real time saver.


This card was inspired by these fun challenges:

Jingle Bells and Sparkles Christmas Challenge both wanted a project inspired by a Christmas song.  I was inspired by White Christmas.
ABC Christmas Challenge - U is for unused stash.  Here is a photo of my never before used items:
Pink {Ink} Sketch Challenge - for yet another gorgeous sketch
Cute Card Thursday - Tree-mendous

Thank you so much for popping by.  I hope you have enjoyed my card and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading them and it gives me the opportunity to visit your blog as well!

Have a great week & hugs,

Dawn

12 comments:

Heidi said...

This is gorgeous Dawn! I love the pleated ribbon. THanks for the tip on the corner die. I'm slowly putting down my credit card :-)
Thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge! It's great to have you along!

SmilynStef said...

We are big cardinals fans at our house ... and I love Northwoods too ... I'm off to go looking for that lovely image ... so glad you went caroling with us at jingle belles.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dawn
A beautiful card hope you are well
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Unknown said...

This is just GORGEOUS!!! Your coloring is amazing, I LOVE the snowflakes & all your lovely details. :)

jackiescrafts said...

That's a lovely card you have made, I love the image and the added snowflakes
Thanks for joining in at SFCC this month

Jackie x

lauren bergold said...

oh wow♥WOW♥wow!!! what a gorgeous stamp and it is nearly impossible to imagine that anyone, anywhere, will EVER color it more perfectly or make a more beautiful card than you have right here! just breathtaking! ♥

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a great day, Debxx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Stunning card I really love your ribbon too! and so good to see your yummi unused stash.. Thanks 4 coming to play with us this week for our U is for Unused Stash @ ABC Christmas Challenge, its so much fun seeing everyone using something they had forgot about or not used yet! we have NO limit on entries, so the more times you play the more chances you have to win! Thanks for adding GD to your name also! good luck.. Hugs Samantha

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Caroljenks said...

This is beautiful - love that stamp!

Sorry I'm soooooo late with my comments this time round - tut, tut! Thanks for joining in with us over at ABC Christmas Challenge.

Carol x

Carissa said...

Wonderful card. That image is gorgeous and so striking against all of the white. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge. Carissa