Sunday, November 4, 2012

Karate boy

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend with lots of time for creativity and crafting.  Before I get to my latest card, I want to send out a big hello and welcome to all of my blog's newest followers.  I'm so glad to have you along and really appreciate your support!!

Today's card is one that I made very quickly in a race against the clock (though it did take longer than 10 minutes :) ).  Luckily, there was lots of white in the image :).  I made this one on request for a young man's 7th birthday.  He is taking karate, so hopefully he will like it.

I coloured the little Karate Boy with Prismas as quickly as I possibly could, so there isn't as much depth and shading as I would have liked, but I think he still looks cute.

I also decorated the inside to match:
The Japanese writing says 'happy birthday' - I hope!  I found it on the internet so I am trusting that is what it actually says.  If it isn't, it is too late to do anything about it, so I don't want to know :)  Or maybe I do so I don't use it again...

Recipe:

Image - Mo Manning Karate Boy coloured with Prisma pencils
Paper - card from Stampin' Up and Bazzill, DP is My Mind's Eye - Meadowlark
Other - brads and ribbon from my stash, the numeral 7 is an Amy Tangerine Thicker which I embossed to make it black

And I think that is all.  I wanted to make it a little fancier, but ran out of time :(

With this card, I would like to enter the following challenges:

Mo's DP2 Challenge - anything goes
Allsorts - for men only
Anything goes Challenge - anything goes

Thanks for taking a peek and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I love reading them and visiting you to see what you have been up to too!

Have a great week!

Hugs,

Dawn

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Fantastic card for a boy/man the image is fabulous and I love the layout. Caroline xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Dawn love the image and fabulous paper's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Jessi Fogan said...

HOW ADORABLE! Isn't that one of the best things about cardmaking, the ability to tailor your card to the recipient? Love it :)
And, I have no advice on the kanji...but I have one as a tattoo. Every other tattooist that's looked at it has teased me about it meaning something other than "family," so TRUST ME, I get the anxiety over it :) lol!

nwilliams6 said...

What a great image! Perfect for a young man's birthday. Fun!!!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I think that young man loved his card! Great shading and layout! Wouldn't it be funny if it said "For a Sweet Little Girl" - good thing it doesn't matter! :<) We had SNOW her in this part of WI today - I am so NOT ready for this! Wishing you a great day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Donna Ellis said...

Karate Boy is TOO CUTE! Love his hair - a lovely backdrop to the image. The inside is so pretty, Dawn!

Sarah said...

Great card for a boy Dawn, fab colouring and I just love that paper, perfect with the image. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for my For Men Only challenge x

Unknown said...

Hello Dawn , wow this is fantastic what a super Boy or girl card ( My niece used to do karate) super work .
Thank you for your visit hugs Elaine

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, love the cute image and the papers
Lindsay xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous, I love the image and the papers look brilliant

Sue

xxxtglxxx said...

This is totally fabulous Dawn! :) Love the gorgeous image and awesome colours and papers! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx