Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hanging the Christmas Carrots

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a great week and have wonderful things planned for the weekend.  This weekend is supposed to be 'warm' (somewhere around zero degrees) so I will have to get out and enjoy it before it gets cold next week.  Guess it's just that time of the year.... and only 37 days left before Christmas if I can still count!  Yikes!!  So, I have made another Christmas card, this time using a cute Happy Hoppers stamp.  I just love this image to bits.


Recipe:

Image - Happy Hoppers Carrot Tree stamped with black Stazon and coloured with Distress inks (antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, peeled paint, forest moss, walnut stain, rusty hinge)
Sentiment - Stampin' Up from the Bells and Boughs set
Papers - Stampin' Up and My Mind's eye - all the edges were inked with DI frayed burlap
Other - TH tattered pine cone inked with walnut stain, dabbed with white acrylic paint and then dabbed with rock candy stickles; crinkly ribbon; McGill pine branch punch inked with frayed burlap; brown wire dipped in gold embossable ink and embossed with gold tinsel (glittery) powder; creamy coloured berries (from Michael's floral department); light green rhinestones.

This card is for the following challenges:

House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge - getting ready for Christmas
Hanna and Friends - a fantastic sketch
Jingle Bells - Christmas feast (a holiday card which has some sort of food on it).  Ok, so carrots are not standard holiday treats, but if you're a rabbit, then they are a must!  :o)
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Christmas is coming

Thanks for popping in and for taking the time to leave a comment!  I love reading them and it gives me the chance to pop in to see your wonderful creations too.  Last, but not least, a big thank you and welcome to my blog's newest follower, Sandra.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Dawn

21 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is just gorgeous, love the cute image & your colouring is fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles this month, good luck!
hugs shell xx

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the image and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Dawn, your card is the cutest that I've seen this image colored in. Super darling coloring, with love bright shades, overlapping layers. The sentiment gives an almost vintage feel. Delightful!

Sue said...

Awwwwww such a cute image! I love the papers and your colouring is fabulous

I hope you have a good day
Sue

SmilynStef said...

How fun is that ... carrots for the holidays (I think there'd be a mutiny at my house if that were the case) ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Sue said...

Dawn, awesome coloring on this cute Happy Hopper image. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Christine said...

Wow this is gorgeous love the design & papers beautiful colouring..these cute guys trimming the tree..perfect image for the chall theme.

Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends chall this time.

smiles Christine x

Craftdee said...

Gorgeous! Such a sweet image, the papers are perfect and I love the embellies, Donna :-)

downrightcrafty said...

my favourite image and love how you have coloured this one up along with those wonderful cones just gorgeous, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Vicky said...

Hi Dawn, thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog and becoming a follower, I am now repaying the favour :) Your blog is gorgeous and your creations are beautiful.

hugs Vicky xxx

Cyndie said...

I was just looking for inspiration for the Jingle Belles challenge and came across your card. I absolutely love it! Wonderful non-traditional colors, adorable image, and a perfectly constructed layout. I'm pretty new to card-making, just one year now. I'm not sure how you colored the image...I assumed with copics but you said it was distress inks. Do you use a little dauber of some sort?

Jessi Fogan said...

So stinking cute! Obviously carrots are a must-have treat for bunnies - and what else would they decorate with? Love the pinecones you've added - the berries and branches make such a wonderful embellishment!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card dawn :-)such a cute image and the papers and embellies are FAB ! I LOVE the pine cones and the whole arrangement is stunning ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

lauren bergold said...

my husband would be lobbying for carrot CAKE... but otherwise supportive of your "non traditional" xmas treat, lol! but frankly, i cannot see ANYONE-- including the grinch-- finding fault with such a completely sweet and totally BEAUTIFUL holiday card! thank you (& bunnies!) for joining in with our JINGLE BELLES "feast" this fortnight! ♥

PaperDaisies said...

Great card Dawn. Just love your layout. It showcases that image beautifully. Hugs Nina

Nicolchen said...

Your card is simply adorable :0)))

Thanks for joining us at Hanna and Friends and good luck ;0)

hugs Nicole

shaz earl said...

Fabulous creation!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Christmas is coming * challenge

Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
Hugs Shaz x

Mickaela Vildljung said...

Wow, this is just amazing. I just love the colors and how you colored the bunnies!

Love Mickaela

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh this is just so adorable, I haven't seen this image before and it's just so cute, love the colours and the layout too
Lindsay xx

MIE(Mieko) said...

Gorgeous card! Your colouring is beautiful.
Mieko xx

Gail said...

I love this card. I really like how you color your images and the layering and papers you use. All of these cards are really pretty. By you leaving a comment on my blog (thank you VERY much), it left me your blog name, and I appreciate it since I had a chance to see your beautiful art work. Hugs, Gail