Friday, April 11, 2014

Playing in Paradise - Easter or Spring

Hello everyone,

I'm back with a quick post to invite you to come Play in Paradise!  Our theme this month is anything Easter or Spring goes.  In spring, I am always anxious to play in the dirt and plant beautiful flowers, so I used that as my inspiration.



I started with a rough, unfinished wooden sign from a dollar store and applied a layer of gesso.  I adhered the designer paper with a gesso transfer technique, added the stamped flower with a tissue transfer technique, and added the computer generated sentiment similarly to how a tattoo artist transfers a drawing to skin, only using a Copic multiliner & tissue paper instead of a needle & whatever paper they use.  Add a layer of something to seal it all and it can be hung outside in the garden.

Supplies:

Wood sign
Mod Podge or other glue and sealer
Copic sketch (R20, 22 & colorless blender)

The team has made some gorgeous projects to inspire, so I hope you will pop by to check them out, as well as all the challenge details.  Then come and play!

Thanks so much for stopping in.  Hugs & happy crafting!

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Just lovely Dawn, beautiful design, hugs Kate x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Dawn! The tissue transfer technique on your wooden plack looks beautiful! I like the hint of color and beautiful words transfered, too. A pretty gift, or home decor item! hugs, de

fairyrocks said...

Thank You so much Dawn. You are so talented and inspiring. I have enjoyed working with you. Take care of You. Keep smiling and creating.
Pam

Jessi Fogan said...

Dawn, you are seriously crazy talented - what an incredible combination of techniques, resulting in SUCH a gorgeous placard for the garden! LOVE that big ol' bloom, and just WOW. WOW!