Monday, May 21, 2012

Stamp With Fun!

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  My wee little blog has some new followers since I last posted, so I'd like to extend a warm welcome!

I have some exciting news to share today!  I was invited to be a guest designer at Stamp With Fun - and of course I said yes!  How could I resist?  If you have never encountered their challenge, be sure to pop by for a visit.  The design team does beautiful work and you get to use your favourite cute stamps to take part!

This week's challenge is a gorgeous sketch.


I used the sketch to make a card for my MIL.

My MIL loves warm fall colours, so this is my summery take on that colour palette.  When I started, I intended to make a mostly orange card, but it kind of ended up being  mostly white.  Oops!  So I added some lace and crackle paint to shabby it up and this is how it turned out.  Looking at it now, I think the orange paper looks a little out of place, even though it is all from the same pad.   Well, I am my own worse critic.

My MIL also loves glitter, so I added clear Atyou Spica to the little butterflies on Tilda's dress.  I love how this looks - very subtle and just gorgeous when the light catches it.  I also thought it might be neat to give the fence a weathered look, so I painted bits of it with crackle paint.  I carried the effect on by adding paint around the edges of the card too.  Here is a close up trying to show both on the image.  Hopefully if you click on the picture it will show it big enough to see a little of the sparkle.

Supplies:

Paper: Bazzill card, My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side 2, 300g hot pressed watercolour paper
Stamps: Magnolia (Tilda with Butterfly Dress and Shabby Chic Fence) stamped with black Stazon and coloured with Distress inks (pumice stone, weathered wood, tumbled glass, rusty hinge, wild honey, vintage photo, walnut stain, black soot, peeled paint, bundled sage, frayed burlap, antique linen, scattered straw, pine needles, tattered rose) and watercolour pencil for skin tone.
Tools:  Cheery Lynn small exotic butterfly dies, all edges were distressed with distressing tool and inked with pumice stone DI
Other - lace from my stash, TH sheer ribbon, Picket Fence stain, Picket Fence crackle paint, Little Yellow Bicycle paper doily, pearls, flowers are all white Pretty Petals and inked with DI using a makeup sponge, and I think that is all.

Hope you are able to stop by Stamp With Fun and see the beautiful creations the DT have made and join in the fun!

I would also like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Magnolia-licious Highlights - Summer theme with twist of colour (use orange, blue and yellow if you can)
Lovely hAnglar and Sweet Magnolia - Shabby Chic or vintage
Cute Card Thursday - A touch of sparkle (add a little or a lot)
Papertake Weekly - in the garden

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment!  I love reading them and it gives me the chance to pop on by your blog too!

Have a great week!  Hugs,

Dawn

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I love your card - so many great details and a nice motiv! Loveley!
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Jessi Fogan said...

What a soft & gorgeous job colouring! I love all the pretty frilly embellishments :)

Lisa Minckler said...

I just wanna hug it! The weathered board is superb and an all around gorgeous card with superb coloring. :)
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawn :-)

thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Kathleen said...

Such a pretty card, lovely colouring and fab details. Thanks for joining us at lovely hAnglar and sweet tilda
Hugs
Kat xx

Cheryl said...

Dawn, what a fresh, pretty card you've made!! Your coloring gives Tilda such a 3D look!!
Beautiful!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Your color combo here is a delcious to watch,,,these orange tones are perfect OMG,,,,,love your style,