Hope everyone is having a wonderful (long) weekend so far (in most of Canada)! Yes, many of us folks from Canada do in fact set one day aside per year to spend with our families - it's not just a rumor. But a long weekend is a long weekend, so whatever the excuse is, I'll take it!
It has been a ridiculously long time since I've blogged, so I have a lot of carching up to do with everyone. I have a couple of projects to share, so I'll be back later today with another post too. This week cupid was supposed to visit, so I hope he was good to everyone. He must have been very busy because he didn't come visit me until later in the week - but he more than made up for his tardiness. Actually, it is good that he was late as I didn't realize Valentine's day was Tuesday, so I was a bit late making stuff myself.
I made a candy box to fill with Hershey's kisses for my hubby. It has been far too long since I inked up one of my beloved Maggies! Love Sealing Tilda was a pleasure to colour, though the whole thing made no sense to hubby who wasn't familiar with SWAK (sealed with a kiss).
Paper - Bazzill, My Mind's Eye (I believe and Meadowlark collections) distressed and inked with black soot DI. Red paper was also given a wash of picket fence Distress Stain to tone it down and give it a more vintage/shabby look.
Stamp/ink - Magnolia stamped onto 300g hot pressed watercolour paper with black Stazon and coloured with Distress Inks - black soot, fired brick, tattered rose, antique linen, frayed burlap and weathered wood and watercolour pencil for skin tone
Tools - Martha Stewart heart punch, elegant edges cricut cartridge, edge distressor
Other - Kaiser lace, TH floral ribbon, fabric, pearls, melting wax and heart shaped press (my try something new). The wax and press was a gift from my hubby and I had no idea it was so hard to use! I thought I should do a practice run on a scrap paper. It ended up taking 7 or 8 practice runs to get it and I caught the wax on fire 3 times. I have to say it was a little scary watching the flame covered wax drip down onto the paper! In the end, I peeled a seal off the scrap paper and glued it onto the box as I was too afraid I would ruin the box or worse - catch it on fire too.
I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
Magnolia-licious Highlights - vintage and shabby chic
Simply Magnolia - red and/or pink with white
Fab 'n' Funky - try something new (wax seal)
Creatalicious challenge - all about lace
CES Challenge - spots and dots
Thanks for popping in and I hope you have time to leave a comment so I can visit you too! Have a great week!