Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blinding Snow Flurries

Hello Bloggers,

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  It appears that this may have been the last snow-free weekend of the year for the folks around my neck of the woods - the fluffy white stuff is on it's way.  So, I have made a holiday card with blinding snow flurries - though not the kind of blinding you get from a white out blizzard.  Here is the easy on the eyes shot first:

Ok, so we are all in agreement about the snow flurries, but what is so blinding about them?  I have recently acquired some goodies from Lindy's Stamp Gang, and their product is amazing!!  The background paper, which appears black in the first photo was created using heat emboss resist, and coloured with (LSG) Screamin' Banshee Black Starburst 'spray.'  It is a spray, but it can also be painted or applied with a sponge like applicator (which is also available from LSG and screws into the bottle to replace the spray pump).  One of the many beauties of their product is that they have a two toned nature.  So, catch the light just right and you see the second colour and tonnes of shimmer.  Now, I know most folks say they can't catch the shimmer with the camera and you just have to take their word for it - but consider yourselves warned (sunglasses...) - I have a natural talent for it:



Can you even believe that is the same card?  The colour is just amazing!  Ok, so enough praise has been sung.  Some other details about my card:

Paper - all plain white card from Stampin' Up
Stamp - Impression Obsession Snow Flakes Cover-a-Card, heat embossed with clear embossing powder
Dies - Spellbinders Create-a-Flake 3 (My tip: I stuck some Sookwang double sided adhesive sheets on the card before running it through the machine and then 'painted' them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Silent Night Silver.  This is a mica powder that is intended to be mixed with water to create watercolour paint, but I just used a brush to apply the powder directly to the adhesive.) Flourish is Fanciful Flourish by Cheery Lynn Designs (I cut off the leaves and cut it into pieces and pieced it together to get the size and shape I wanted).
Other:  Lindy's Stamp Gang Screamin' Banshee Black Stardust Spray, Lindy's Stamp Gang Silent Night Silver Magicals, Rhinestones

This card was inspired by the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly - anything goes with optional sparkle and bling
Top Tip Tuesday - make your own background
Winter Wonderland - make your card sparkle
Jingle Belles - it came upon a midnight clear (I used clear embossing powder)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Bright colours and/or Sparkle

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a few words.  I love reading them and it gives me the chance to visit you too!

Have a great week!  Hugs,

Dawn

14 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, the card is amazing...the color change left me speechless and that is not easy!!! :D
have a nice day!
Clelia
ps no snow here, but soooo much rain...

downrightcrafty said...

wow a gorgeous sparkly creation thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have some more new candy if you are interested :)

Hazel said...

Wow! that spray is awesome! What a fantastic card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 45 - hope to see you again soon.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dawn
A beautiful card
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Anonymous said...

BBBBBBBBBBBBB-Beautiful! I sooo love the way this card changes like a Camilion so pretty! and awesome stamping too, Thanks for coming to play with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Make your Own Backgrounds challenge I hope you can come play again soon you can enter up to 3 times per challenge, hugs Samantha :0) Ps I have candy on my blog too!

Anonymous said...

ppppps! thehheee Great Tip too! thanks for sharing it xx hugs me x

LaJanette said...

WOW! I am in AWE! I just love this card and all of those snowflakes. That shimmer is just the perfect touch!

Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday; hope to see you back often:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Lisa Minckler said...

WOW...it's like magic!!! This is wonderful and your tip is great too for omitting the water step. Nicely done and your card is vibrant and shimmery. Beautiful work. :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Lisa xx

Maggie's Crafts said...

Gorgeous!

Thank you so much for joining Top Tip Tuesday this week. :)

Maggie
x

SmilynStef said...

Love that awesome two-toned color ... and the *clear* embossing powder provides a great resist ... thanks for joining us at jingle belles.

Carissa said...

This card is beautiful, so elegant. Thanks for playing at Papertake Weekly. Carissa :)

lauren bergold said...

When I first saw your pics I actually did think you made two versions of this lovely card! Wow that black spray is FABULOUS!!!!! Such a gorgeous design too!!!

Electra said...

I love the shimmer and bravo to you for photograhing it so well!

Marie Bingaman said...

I was wondering why you made the background black...mystery solved! Beautiful card! :)