Friday, April 5, 2013

Playing in Paradise - Embossing

Hello everyone and a big welcome to my blog's newest followers.  So glad to have you! :)

I hope everyone had a great week and that spring has arrived wherever you may be.  We are not so lucky; apparently mother nature has it in for us and we are to get another 10-15 cm of snow today.   Grrrrrrr!

Well, what better excuse do we need to stay inside and do some crafting?  How about a new Playing in Paradise challenge?  This week, the talented Jessi is hosting and she would like to see some embossing - heat or dry or both.  Everyone is welcome to play along and there are no product requirements to enter.  There is always a fun prize up for grabs too, so I hope you will join in!

For my project, I wanted to try some new stuff.  I got some black Core'dinations white wash card and pulled out my favourite embossing folder and tried my hand at sanding.  This didn't exactly go the way I thought it would.  It looked more grey then black - which would be great if you were making a grey card.  I was trying to make a black and white card, so I ended up tracing over the sanded areas with a black marker.  Lesson learned :)  I also wanted to try out the chalkboard technique, so I pulled out my white embossing powder.  I really like how this part turned out - and so easy to do.


Supplies:

Paper - black bazzill, black white wash Core'dinations
Stamp - Tim Holtz Visual Artistry - Heartfelt, stamped with Tsukineko Brilliance Archival ink in moonlight white and embossed with white embossing powder (I used Stampendous white, but I would recommend Stampendous detail white for a better result with any stamp that has fine or detailed lines.  It's on my wish list).
Other - Spellbinders timeless rectangles, Sizzix folder from the vine and flower garden set by Rachel Bright, black marker, flowers and vintage buttons from my stash

The team has created some beautiful projects to inspire you, so please do pop by Playing in Paradise or click on their links in the sidebar.  Then get out your embossing stuff and join in the fun!  I am looking forward to seeing all your creations.

Thanks for popping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I really appreciate them and love to visit you too.

Hugs, 

D



9 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Boo, hiss on the snow! We're supposed to get flurries but hopefully won't end up with enough to shovel...awfully nice winter we're having this spring, isn't it? LOL!
I love the detailed edge on the sentiment panel - totally gorgeous. And those flower centres! Amazing stuff, Dawn!

Sue said...

Stunning card Dawn. I love the design and colours with such a beautiful sentiment.
Sue xx

Linda Pekrul said...

Wonderful card Dawn! Love the sizzix folder you used and the black and white colour scheme. Most of all I LOVE the flowers... they are the perfect finishing touch!

fairyrocks said...

Thank You Dawn, this is classy and beautiful. Snow here this morning too. Hmmmmmmm- 'Second Winter' only in Alberta!!Keep smiling and creating

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Dawn, the black and white are gorgeous together and the flowers are so pretty.

Donna Ellis said...

Dawn, a very elegant card. I have that sentiment image too, and it is just so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration of some other ways to use it. Your card is beautiful. Your vintage buttons look amazing. hugs, ,de

Doreen said...

simply beautiful
Big hugs
Doreen xx

Faye said...

So stylish, I love it. X

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So beautiful and elegant, i love the black and white and the sentiment is lovely
Lindsay xx