Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Christmas Angel

Greetings Bloggers,

Eeeek! It's been a while!  So long in fact, I couldn't remember how to update my blog.  But I have finally been able to get back into my craft space to create a card.  December is a very hectic month with Christmas and family birthdays so I thought I would try to get ahead on Christmas cards to make life a little easier leading up to the holidays.  Here is my card:

Some details:

Stamps - Angel Tilda, Hot Off the Press Christmas Stamp and Punch (sentiment)
Paper - Bazzill card, Bo Bunny Midnight Frost and 300 g hot pressed watercolour paper
Colouring - 'painted' with Distress inks - tattered rose, antique linen, walnut stain, stormy sky and a watercolour pencil for skin tone
Other - McGill pine branch punch, Nellie Snellen corner die (inked with embossing ink and embossed with Stampin' up iridescent ice), Stickles rock candy and star dust, and the flower is my own creation using a 5 petal flower from my Straight From the Nest Cricut cartridge.  I think this is my favourite flower creation to date.  I cut the flower 3 times - 1 at 2.5 inches and 2 at 2 inches.  Mist with water and crumple.  Carefully uncrumple and add colour if you are going to (I used stormy sky distress ink and Tattered Angels glimmer mist in bubbles).  The paper was too moist to work at this point, so I dried it partially with my heat gun.  Once it was just slightly damp, I shaped the petals and allowed to dry completely.  Once dry, I layered the three flowers together.

My card is for these challenges:

CSAYL - non-traditional colours (no red or green)
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - flowers
Bah! Humbug! - something new (my hot off the press Christmas stamp set)
Magnolia-licious Highlights - only paper (which was really difficult!)


Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a much appreciated comment.  I'll definitely pop by to visit you too!

Hugs,

Dawn

2 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Dawn . Hope you and yours are well .
What a stunning Christmas card .Beautiful colour combination for this sweet image . Love that lush flower and the frame for the sentiment .
Good to see more of your work .
Shirley-anne

Suzie said...

A gorgeous card Dawn and the flower is beautiful. So nice to see you back blogging. Take care. Hugs Suzie x