Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Too Much Eggnog Edwin

Hello Bloggers,

It has been a little while since I've posted.  Last week was a little crazy and hectic, and though I did make a card, I did not have time to take any photos prior to giving it away.  This week is back on track and I have another Christmas card to share.  There are some challenges this week for cards with humour so I could not resist making a Christmas card for my husband. 
For this card I have used 'Lightening Edwin,' but I call him 'Too Much Eggnog Edwin.'  This handsome fellow reminds me a little of my husband - one part cute and one part klutz.  In all fairness, I should clarify that, to my knowledge, my husband has never tangled himself up in a string of lights.  But I wonder if there is a 'Falling Out of a Tree Edwin' or a 'Dropping the Computer on my Foot Edwin' or a 'Chipped my Tooth on a Bottle Edwin.'   I'm hoping that if my husband reads this, he gets caught up on the handsome fellow part and just skims over the rest :o).  Back to the card, Edwin was stamped with black Stazon on watercolor paper and colored with Distress inks (shirt - forest moss; pants - weathered wood and tumbled glass; shoes - pumice stone and walnut stain; cheeks - tattered rose; hair - antique linen and walnut stain; lights - fired brick, tumbled glass, forest moss and spiced marmalade; electrical cord - pine needles and black soot; skin - watercolor pencil).  The image and mat were cut using an emblem from the Forever Young cricut cartridge and attached with dimensional foamies. 

The designer papers are from the Snow Much Fun line by Three Bugs in a Rug and the cardstock is Bazzill.  The sentiment was computer generated - I thought it went perfectly with the image.  The Christmas bulbs are a paper piecing pattern from My Scrap Chick and they are attached with hemp twine that I dyed green. I applied Glossy Accents to the bulbs to give them a nice lustre.  To keep the card masculine, I refrained from adding any other embellishments.  I did, however, go the extra mile and decorate the inside of the card as well.

I followed the same layout as the front and composed a little poem for my hubby that is reminiscent of the holidays. 

In all fairness, I should again qualify that my husband has not, to my knowledge, ever danced with a Christmas tree.  Hmmm, I wonder if there's an 'I caught my shirt on fire with the Christmas candle Edwin.' (Luckily he wasn't hurt).  The buttons are from Stampin' Up.

I am entering this card into the following fun challenges:

Bah! Humbug! - Cards that make you giggle
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Inside/Outside
Jingle Belles - Jingle Belles, Batman Smells (humour)
Just Magnolia - Anything goes with optional buttons and a DT call
Wild Orchid - for the beautiful sketch

I hope you have enjoyed my card!  Thank you for visiting and I hope you have time to leave a few words - I love reading them and like the chance to visit your blogs too!  Thanks to my new followers - I am really happy to have you along and appreciate your support!

Hugs,

Dawn

15 comments:

lisa said...

WOW! I love it. Every little bit of it. Awesome poem, coloring (especially using ALL distress inks!), dying, stamping... is there anything I left out? It's just SUPERB (and cute, too!).

Kerry Steger said...

I love this cute Christmas card! The verse on the inside is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CSAYL this week!!

Ann said...

Just fantastic - love the card - love the poem - it all really made me smile and as for the possibility of the other Edwins in a mess that so made me laugh too.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Diane J said...

Your card and verse made me smile... its lovely. Diane xx

BluJr1979 said...

Thanks for the ample qualifications dear, but in all fairness I probably have danced with a Christmas Tree at some point or another ;). Shall I assume I will be getting this card for Christmas?

Lisa said...

Terrific card! Love the image, the colors, the papers...everything! And I have to admit in my house I am the one that has gotten tangled in the lights,LOL.

lauren bergold said...

oh *WOW*!!! this is funny AND brilliant AND quite gorgeous, too. (so YES! you can totally tell your husband he inspired ALL of it!!!) :) :) :)

SmilynStef said...

That inside sentiment is perfection ... and your coloring is wonderful too ... thanks for joining our jingle belles mayhem.

June Houck said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful...inside and out. I was searching for the humor, but then I read the inside :) Cute!

~amy~ said...

haha...I love it...the interior is such a fun surprise!

Sue said...

Great card, and I'm quite impressed with your poem! Very fun...

MacKenzie said...

Oh my gosh girl, you're cracking me up! If you ever find a "caught the kitchen on fire with Jiffy Pop popcorn Edwin", please let me know!
Your coloring is fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with our Inside Outside challenge over at CSAYL!

Lisa said...

very fun and the matching inside is great!

Donalda said...

This is just beautiful dear. Thanks for joining us at JM and HAnglar

Mina said...

I love the too much egg nog Edwin lol...gorgeous card Dawn, perfect colouring too...thanks for joining in with our Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
Mina xxx